Interested in joining a growing and healthy team making disciples in Central Washington?
Harvest Community Church in Selah, Washington is looking for a creative and passionate leader to join our team as our Worship Director. This person will lead teams of volunteers to carry out the vision and values of Harvest through the effective use of technology. Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com
Worship Director // Serve – Create – Lead
Job Description: Serves as the key contributor putting creative musical energy and leadership to support the mission, vision & values of Harvest Community Church. The Worship director is a member of the staff team, reporting to and in cooperation with the Lead Pastor to cultivate a musical worship culture for our church. The Worship director focuses on developing, preparing, producing, and performing Music and Media for our Sunday Gatherings and special services.
Reports to: Lead Pastor Direct Reports: Key Volunteer Staff
- Fulfill the duties required of Harvest church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
- Fulfill the character qualifications of a Deacon as taught in the Scriptures.
- Possesses a Gospel-Centered Life, maintains a vital walk with Jesus as evidenced by communion with Jesus through prayer, personal devotions, and the practice of discipling self, family, and others.
- Possesses a proven leadership track record in the context of the local church.
- Enthusiastically aligned with the Mission, Strategy & Structure of Harvest Community Church
- Demonstrates skill musically and vocally able to lead a band and the congregation in song.
- Self-starter that sees what needs to be done and does it.
- Adaptable to changes in roles & responsibilities works to serve the overall benefit of the team.
- Pursues excellence, avoids complacency by asking, “what would make this better?”
Role & Responsibilities:
- Sunday Service(s) - Oversee and/or execute leading worship for the Sunday Gathering and other special services (Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Community events) complementing the text/theme being taught. Work with Lead Pastor to plan the weekly service and help shape the culture/vision for corporate worship. Keep worship fresh with a good mix of new and old approved songs.
- Worship Team Leadership and Development Build worship teams within the church and train worship leaders. Support musical preparedness of team members, providing chord charts and recordings a minimum of 3-4 days before each service. Oversee any new musician recruits, performing auditions, and providing follow-up as needed. Maintain a regular practice schedule to prepare for Sunday gatherings, foster team chemistry, and identify gifted and faithful leaders/musicians.
- Planning Center Online – Coordinate monthly band, sound, and media schedule. Maintain an accurate weekly service order tracking song usage. Edit chord charts for accuracy to ensure orderly and productive practices and performance. Schedule volunteers for music/media.
- Other Projects as Able - Oversee and assist in procuring/repairing/replacing any sound or musical equipment needed for Sunday functioning. Create and maintain an organizational system for storing sound and media equipment.
- Oversee all areas of production (Audio, Video, Sound, Lighting, Staging).
- Recruit, train, and deploy additional volunteers in our media and production roles.
Schedule and Hours 15-20 hours per week (salary position) including Sunday and evening rehearsals
Salary - Commensurate with experience and education