Harvest UPdate - 3.31.20
Welcome to the last day of March! As a kid, we would always say, March either will “come in like a lion and go out like a lamb…” or “come in like a lamb and go out like a Lion.” Right now, I kind of feel like we have had a double dose of Lion.
Despite the chaos and the uncertainty, I hope you are well and resting in this truth:
4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Yesterday, we received news that Civic Center will remain closed until at least June 1st. This news confirms that we are going to need to innovate how we meet together and how we continue to pursue God’s mission for us, which is: Leading People into a Growing Relationship with Jesus Christ!
Prepare - Here are Five ways to stay connected
- Be involved on Sunday and invite people to watch/listen online
- Be involved in at least one thing outside of Sunday!
* LifeGroups (various times)
* Townhall/Prayer time (Tuesdays at 7 PM)
* Youth Group (Sundays at 6 PM)
- Serving in some capacity (neighbors, friends, coworkers)
- Giving in some capacity (each person determining what they can do)
- Owning personal and/or family discipleship (read your bible, pray, honor Christ)
The plan is that God will use even the difficult things for good (Romans 8:28). Please pray and plan to reemerge from this time with a tough and tender attitude. Tough, in that you adjusted, flexed, and grew during this difficult time. Tender, in that you prayed more and understood that this life and our world is a fragile place. Let it cause you to long for your true home that cannot be shaken.
You ARE Loved,