Thirty-three things that happen at the moment of salvation
2) Child of God
3) Having access to God
6) Place "in Christ" - Over 170 times in the New Testament, Paul makes reference to this glorious truth of being placed "in him." Read the following sampling of verses and note a small portion of what it means for you to be "in Christ."
Romans 6:11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:39 ...neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 12:5 ...so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
I Corinthians 1:4 I always thankg God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
I Corinthians 1:30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
II Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.
We now are vitally joined to Christ "unto a new walk." This truth is the basis of all the other blessings we receive as we have been seated with Chrsit in the heavenlies and united with Him. In Christ we are complete in Him--we now have access to all that Christ has access to, even God Himself.
"God cannot do much through us until he gets in us. The moment Christ comes in, he then proceeds to chip away the parts which don't look like a Christian." --Zig Ziglar
7) Acceptable to God
8) Heavenly citizenship
9) Of the family and household of God
10) An heavenly association
11) Within the "much more" care of God
13) In the fellowship of the saints
14) On the rock, Christ Jesus
15) A part in the eternal plan of God
16) Redeemed - We have been purchased by the shed blood of Christ out of the slave market of sin and now set free to serve the living God. (Galatians 5:1, Romans 3:24)
Webster's dictionary defines redemption as "to buy back and receive something in exchange." In both the Old and New Testament we have many beautiful pictures of God's unfailing love that redeems us from ourselves and our lot in life. Think of the book of Hosea, where God shows us how unfailing His love is towards His Bride.
This gift of redemption from God reminds us also of the picture in the Old Testament of a slave that is earmarked for his master. In Exodus 21:5-6 we read: But if the slave plainly says, 'I love my master, my wife and my children; I will not go out as a free man.' Then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently." This is a beautiful picture of our relationship to the Father God who redeemed us from the position of slave to sin and has set us free. Yet, in gratefulness to God we can become God's permanent slave.
One day in the future we will have the redemption of our bodies and be given a new glorious eternal body.
"God answers prayer on the ground of Redemption and no other ground. Let us never forget that our prayers are heard, not because we are in earnest, not because we suffer, but because Jesus suffered." --Oswald Chambers
17) A living relationship with God
18) Free from the law
20) Brought near
21) Delivered from the power of darkness
22) Entrance into a new kingdom
23) A gift from God the Father to Christ
24) Circumcised in Christ
25) Members of a royal and holy priesthood
26) A chosen generation, a holy nation, a peculiar people
27) His inheritance
28) The inheritance of the saints
29) Light in the Lord
30) United to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
31) Blessed with the first-fruits fo the Spirit
32) Complete in Him
33) Possessing every spiritual blessing
Adapted from "Thirty-three things that happen at the moment of salvation," distributed by Sonlife Ministries